MacDrive v22.214.171.124 | 5.82 MB
Whether you're on a Windows PC or a Mac running Windows, sharing files on disks is no longer a hassle. MacDrive for Windows takes all the guess work out disk accessibility. With MacDrive installed, your Windows computer now speaks Mac and you can access all types of Mac-formatted disks - including external hard drives, CDs, DVDs, iPod and more.
Key features of "MacDrive":
· A powerful cross-platform solution
· Open, edit, and save files on Mac disks from My Computer, Explorer, and your favorite software, easily and seamlessly
· Indicates Mac disks with apple overlay
· Preserves long file names
· Shows Mac files with appropriate icons and file name extensions, automatically
· Award-winning power, flexibility, quality and free support
· MacDrive is simply software with no special hardware required
· Takes just moments to install, and no configuration required
· MacDrive Update Wizard checks online for updates anytime, on demand
· Works with Mac floppies, Zip, Jaz, SyQuest, MO, CD-ROM, CD-R, hard drives and more
· Supports both Mac OS Standard (HFS) and Mac OS Extended (HFS+) volumes
· Works with SCSI, IDE, USB, FireWire (IEEE-1394), Fibre Channel and parallel port
· Works with all of your software
Works with all cross-platform software, including Microsoft Works,
Office (Word, Excel, FrontPage, PowerPoint, and Access), AppleWorks,
Photoshop, Illustrator, PageMaker, InDesign, Painter, Director,
FreeHand, QuarkXpress, FileMaker Pro, and more
· Designed for Windows Me, 98, 95, NT 4.0, 2000 and XP
· Supports long Mac OS X file names on Mac OS Extended (HFS+) disks
· Format Mac disks from Windows
· Make and decode MacBinary and BinHex files, for easy downloading and e-mailing of Mac files over the Internet
· Advanced options for power-users
· Displays Mac icons in file properties
· View and extract Mac resources
· For everyone who works with both Macs and PCs, or works only with PCs, but also interacts with others who use Macs
· Powerful tool for educators and students, both in labs and on home computers
Also great for graphic design, advertising, digital photography,
publishing, database and network administration, CAD/CAM, and content
creation for audio, video and film
· For small files or large, floppies or hard drives, for daily use or just-in-case, MacDrive 5 is the worry-free way to ensure easy file sharing between Mac OS and Windows. Be ready.
Whats New in MacDrive 126.96.36.199:
Windows 7 support
Windows 7 is nearing the finish line and MacDrive 8 has been built to work with both Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit), Vista (32-bit & 64-bit), and XP (32-bit). Windows 7 is still a work in progress, so we will continue to update MacDrive to give you the best user experience possible.
Windows 7 Libraries
7 can aggregate content from multiple places. For example, if you have
pictures in a "My Pictures" folder, on your desktop and in a "Travel"
folderWindows 7 can combine all of those pictures into one "Pictures" folder. MacDrive 8 adds to this powerful feature by automatically adding content from Mac disks to your Windows 7 libraries.
Apple Time Machine
Apple's amazing Time Machine backup file sets can now be accessed like any other Mac file direct from Windows. MacDrive enables you to browse the backed up files and copy the contents.
Creating Mac CDs and DVDs is even better in MacDrive 8. You can create Mac CD, DVD, Dual Layer DVD, and more. All from your Windows PC.
Support for large disks
Are you using a hard drive larger than 2TB? If so, MacDrive 8 has added robust support for any large disks
over 2TB and works great with the LaCie Big Disk Quadra, G Technology
G-RAID 3, Other World Computing Elite drives, to name a few.